Lincoln On Leadership – Chapter Four
May 14, 2011 Leave a comment
I’m currently reading the book Lincoln on Leadership. I wanted to share the chapter notes because they’re so good.
- Give your subordinates a fair chance with equal freedom and opportunity for success
- When you make it to the top, turn and reach down for the person behind you
- You must set, and respond to, fundamental goals and the values that move your followers
- You must consistently be fair and decent, in both the business and the personal side of life
- Stand with anybody who stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong
- Never add the weight of your character to a charge against a person without knowing it to be true
- It is your duty to advance the aims of the organization and also to help those who serve it.
- If you once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you can never regain their respect and esteem.