Lincoln On Leadership – Chapter Twelve
May 24, 2011 Leave a comment
I’m currently reading the book Lincoln on Leadership. I wanted to share the chapter notes because they’re so good.
- When The occasion is piled high with difficulty, rise with it. Think anew and act anew. Don’t lose the confidence in your people when they fail.
- Let your subordinates know that you are always glad to have their suggestions.
- If you never try, you’ll never succeed.
- Except in matters of broad policy, encourage subordinates to take action on their own initiative,without waiting for orders.
- Remember that the best leaders never stop learning
- Surround yourself with people who really know their business, and avoid “yes” men
- Be quick and decisive at employing new advances and make every attempt at getting new weapons into your soldiers’ hands immediately