January 9, 2012 2 Comments
What does Xtreme look like in 2012. If you have seen on my Facebook and Twitter, I have been announcing some BIG NEWS happening at our church. I have had so many people trying to squirrel it out of me but I wouldn’t tell. I wasn’t ready to face the repercussions of what my pastor would do to me if I leaked the information. So now I can give you a rundown of what the 2012 vision looks like for Xtreme.
- Two services – That’s right. February 5th, we’ll be going to two services meeting at 9:00 and 10:45. This is a huge deal. We’re running out of space and need more square footage and the best way to do this is to open up two services.
- A new kids ministry – My wife will be taking over the 0-2 year-olds. This will open up more room for the young kids to grow.
- Outreach – Our pastor spoke this morning and he said Xtreme doesn’t “do” outreach, we “ARE” outreach. With this in mind, and although I can’t release too much detail for security reasons, we will be creating outreaches across the city for people who are far from God, in the depths of darkness, part of the least, last and lost.
- Partnering – we will be partnering with one church plant and with one church relaunch. Providing tangible resources to help get these ministries loaded and launched.
- Corporate fasting – Once again Xtreme will be participating in the Awakening-21 Days of Fasting so that we can spend time seeking God and preparing for the vision He has given us for this year.
- Encounter Worship – Last year we had worship and prayer each Friday night of the 21 day fast. This year we want to extend the focus from our fast by having a quarterly event of prayer and worship. These events will be called Encounter Worship. No time constraints, no barriers, no preconceived thoughts. Coming together to worship and prayer. That simple.
- Worship 101 – I’ve had this idea to do a worshipers conference not for worship teams or worship leaders but for worshipers. This year we won’t be doing the conference but what we will be doing is having some guest WL’s from the city speak about what worship IS. This will be happening the month of May each Sunday.
This is some BIG news but to God, this ain’t nothing. We are excited for the plans we have in mind for the church this year. If you’re in Clarksville Tn, and looking for a church, we’d love to have you. If you are a member of the Xtreme Church, buckle up!