Free eBook: Christ For President by Randy Frazee
October 15, 2012 Leave a comment
I just finished reading a book by Randy Frazee called Christ For President. This is a short eBook that encourages us to be informative on voting but also tries to parallel two historical documents and two social programs with Christianity.
- The Bill Of Rights
- Social Security
- The Constitution
I’ll just lay it out there. This book is a bit of a stretch. The real message this book is trying to teach is to quit relying on Government and it’s programs to do what the church should be doing in the first place. Randy shows how the early church grew so fast based on their ability to take their faith to their neighbors and not wait for government programs to help the sick, widows and orphans. I agree with this message. I just think that Randy used a book to make and exaggerated exertion.
With that said, I will say that I did take away a few points; some nuggets if you will. I also was enlightened on some things that I probably should have already known as an American. If anything, he heightened my awareness of the commission of Christ not just to preach and disciple but to care for others.
Some notes I highlighted:
- 85% of all children who exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes
- 63% f youth suicides are from fatherless homes
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes
- 72% of adolescent murderers grew up in fatherless homes
- 60% of American rapists grew up in fatherless homes.
- President Johnson signed the Medicare amendment in 1965. It guarantees access to healthcare insurance for Americans ages 65 and older as well as for younger people with disabilities.
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt implemented Social Security during the Great Depression when poverty rates among senior citizens exceeded 50%.
- The church today doesn’t need fancy buildings, comfortable chairs, big budgets, modern gadgets, multi-sites, great sermons, stellar children and student programs as much as it needs to unleash believers to care for each other and surrounding community.
- Dr. Stark concludes, “Constantine’s conversion would better be seen as a response to the massive exponential wave in progress, not it’s cause.
- Let us give people the opportunity to belong before they believe.
You can pick up a free copy at exponential.org.